Discovering the Heart of Cambodia: A Journey of Awe and Simplicity.


This year, I traveled to four Asian countries, but Cambodia stood out to me the most. The trip was a humbling experience for many reasons.

first Cambodian beer




I was deeply touched by the kindness of the Cambodian people. Their lives are simple, yet they radiate happiness. Their smiles and eagerness to help guests made me feel so welcome.

with the tour guide, Sambo.

One of the most memorable parts of my trip was a boat ride on Tonle Sap Lake (belonging to the Mekong River system). Tonle Sap is the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia. Having lunch at a floating restaurant was a unique experience and watching crocodiles being fed was both exciting and a bit scary.



Visiting the temples in Cambodia felt like stepping back in time. Angkor Wat, one of the largest temples in the world, was truly impressive.






However, the Ta Prohm temple left me amazed. Seeing the tree roots over the stones of the temple was unbelievable, like something out of the movie.




Another unforgettable experience was visiting the Temple of Preah Vihear, which is situated on a mountain. From the top, I could see three countries-Cambodia, Thailand, and Laos. The view was breathtaking, and standing there made me feel like I was on top of the world.






In the evening, I dined at the Morakot Angkor restaurant, where I was treated to an Apsara dance show while enjoying my meal. The graceful movements of the dancers, paired with delicious food, created a magical atmosphere that made the night truly special.



Cambodia, with its rich culture and strong spirit, filled me with awe. It’s a place where simple joys and incredible history come together, and it taught me lessons I’ll never forget._kenny🖤




Comments

Ken Statement

My Sister is getting married | Ken Castelo

Kawasan falls in a half of the day!

A Week in Camotes Island with Family - August 2022

The Famous Street Calle Crisologo in Vigan City