The Ruins in Bacolod City


 In 2016, I read a book that featured "The Ruins", and after reading about it, I wanted to visit the place so bad.


On June 13th, I caught an early flight to Bacolod-alone! It was my first time in the city without knowing anyone, as in zero😁. All these photos are thanks to my trusty tripod (a perfect purchase 😆).







I am fascinated by the history of “ The Ruins” since this mansion was built by Don Mariano as a tribute to his beloved wife, Maria who passed away during her 11th pregnancy.






The symbol "E" facing each other is actually the initials "M and M" stand for Mariano and Maria. When viewed sideways, they form a unique and romantic symbol of their enduring love.








The Ruins, known as the "Taj Mahal of Negros", is a popular tourist attraction, celebrated for its romantic history and beautiful architecture.









Traveling alone to a place I’ve never been is both fulfilling and liberating. I’m happy to check this off my bucket list._kenny🖤



Comments

Ken Statement

My Sister is getting married | Ken Castelo

Discovering the Heart of Cambodia: A Journey of Awe and Simplicity.

Kawasan falls in a half of the day!

A Week in Camotes Island with Family - August 2022

The Famous Street Calle Crisologo in Vigan City